Morris Knowles & Associates, Inc. was founded in 1916 and became a Hammontree Company in 1980.
Located near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and offering full service civil engineering and land surveying. The firm's reputation has grown to place them among the leaders in consulting civil engineering and survey firms.
Principals and Managing Partners of the Firm
Charles F. Hammontree, P.E., P.S. - CEO and Managing Partner
of Hammontree & Associates, Limited and Morris Knowles
& Associates, Inc. (A Hammontree Company)
Michael M. Vale, P.E., CPESC - Executive Vice President of
Hammontree & Associates, Limited and Morris Knowles & Associates, Inc.
William P. Utzman, P.E., CPESC
President of Morris Knowles & Associates, Inc.
Mark M. Zimmerman, P.E., CPESC, CPSWQ
Vice President of Morris Knowles & Associates, Inc.
Morris Knowles is organized into service areas with staff specialized to effectively manage a variety of projects.
- Civil Site Development
- Energy Support and Permitting
- Transportation and Bridge Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Municipal Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Landscape Architecture and Surveying
- (CPESC) Certified Professionals in Erosion and Sediment Control
- (CPSWQ) Certified Professionals in Storm Water Quality
- LEED-AP Leader in Energy Efficient Design – Accredited Professionals
- Safety Trained Staff – HAZWOPR trained field personnel, D.O.T. trained for working in roadways, CPR trained
- ISNetworld – Registered for safety compliance
- Environmental Scientist – Experienced Scientists specialized in site evaluation and mapping wetlands, critical species habitat, and jurisdictional waters
- Staff with Former Regulatory Employment including:
- (1) 30 years West Virginia Department of Highways
- Extensive Permit Compliance experience for wetland and stream impact with Army Corp of Engineers in Huntington, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo Districts
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Erosion and Soil Control, ESCG – 1 Permits Approved Designers
- Certified American Concrete Institute, ACI Field Testing Technicians Grade 1
It is the Morris Knowles & Associates, Inc. philosophy to invest in technology and training to deliver the services required to make every project a success.